About the Centre
When was it built?
The Hall was built in 1996 for the community by Clarke Homes, the developer of Wesley Park in response to a request for facilities for young people from Lionel Tubbs, a resident of Kings Worthy.
What facilities do you have at the Hall?
- A large friendly room with a serving hatch to a kitchen
- Tables and chairs to seat approx 75
- Modern kitchen with fridge (it has a freezer compartment), oven, microwave,
hot water urn
- Good disabled toilet facilities and babies changing area
- Good disabled access
- Parking facilities
Is there public transport to the Hall?
The Spring bus from Winchester passes by the hall and run every 15 or 20 minutes according to the time of day. (Timetable - PDF)
It is disabled persons/pushchair friendly with low floor access
Is the Tubbs Hall run by the Parish Council?
No, but it’s quite complicated ! It is officially owned by the City Council.
The land on which it stands is rented to the Parish Council at the rent of one bunch of watercress per year to be handed over on Midsummer Day. The hall is sub-leased to the committee by the Parish Council.
In 2003, the hall was extended by the Parish Council, who now has an office there. The Hall was updated to include more cupboard space and better facilities, and is now a popular hall for private and community events.
The Parish Council maintains the outside of the building and their two rooms: the meeting room can be hired from KWPC. The cost of running the toilets and kitchen is shared between both organisations and the Tubbs Hall is run as a separate entity.
Who looks after the hall?
It is run by the Tubbs Hall Management Committee:
- Jackie Porter - Chairman
- Dorrie Lawlor - Secretary
- Yvonne Spalding - Treasurer
- Judy Currie - User group liaison
- Elaine Fullaway - Youth Club representative
- Jane Rutter - City Council representative
- Malcolm Prince - City Council representative
Details of dates/agenda etc are placed on the noticeboard at the hall.
If you are interested in becoming a Trustee or Management Committee member please contact the Chairman by email or by post to the Hall